Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pumpkin muffins and sunshine!


Its a gorgeous but chilly fall day here. After teaching Kettlebells this morning, one of my class participants, came up to me with a container of three pumpkin muffins. She said she used a recipe similar to Hotcakes' but without the oil.  I definitely need this recipe, they are SOOOO good. I hadn't packed a snack for after my workout and I had to go straight to two other classes and clients and meetings so it was perfect to have these to snack on! 


After a meeting and before a few more evening clients, I took sweet Georgia bee for a walk. More like a roll.  She had a blast running all over and rolling in the grass.  Its a great day for pumpkin muffins and its a great day to be a pup! 


Im not a big fan of pumpkin spice lattes or stuff like that, but man, pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin dip, pumpkin waffles, Im all over it. I love love love it.

Did you know?

Pumpkin is rich in fiber which leaves you feeling fuller, longer.

Despite this, its a low calorie food, at just 26cal per 100g.  It is jam packed with beta carotene, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E so its great for eye and skin health.  Pumpkin also contains other vitamins and minerals such as the b-group of vitamins (folate, niacin, B-6, thiamin and more) as well as copper, calcium and potassium.  There isn't any saturated fat or cholesterol in pumpkin so its perfect for those watching their diets for cholesterol.





Some of my favorite pumpkin recipes:



What are your favorite pumpkin recipes? 


No comments:

Post a Comment