Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Weekend Yummies

The past couple of weekends have been busy ones.  We celebrated a friend's 30th birthday and I took a delicious pesto tortellini pasta salad (and got to use one of my new serving bowls from my wedding registry! Thanks Susan and Lloyd!)


It was super easy to make: Just cook tortellini's according to package directions, add in pesto (i have my own homemade from my garden, but you could use store-bought too!) to your liking, I also added in halved cherry tomatoes and lightly chopped red and green peppers as well as a bit of chopped basil.  I took a container of parmesan cheese with me to add just before serving. It was delicious!! 



A super fast, warm, healthy breakfast when you are in a rush. I made one packet of Apple Cinnamon oatmeal (my husband's favorite), and sprinkled chia seeds on top.  This spoonful is before I mixed it all together, which I would recommend :)


Friday afternoon I began a new class at Smith Recreation Center called Core Stability. Id love to have you in my class so please come on over or email me for info on how you can join in! 


We had friends over this weekend from out of town. It was so great to catch up with them and spend some time together. One of them was the best man in our wedding and the other two are good friends who are getting married in a month!! We took them to Bodo's Bagels (a Charlottesville staple!) and I tried out a egg, cheese, avocado, and tomato sandwich. It was SO good. Although the avocado was more of a spread and not slices, which I think would have made it a little better and less messy.  

And now we are getting ready for Thanksgiving week! I am so excited about spending time with my in-laws! Im currently battling tonsillitis though so hopefully my meds will all kick in soon so I can feel much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment