Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pittsburgh Weekend!

My husband and I went to Pittsburgh a couple weekends ago for his cousin's wedding.  The wedding was in a gorgeous church which part of it has incredible architecture. We had a blast at the reception, dancing the night away with my sister in law, mother in law, and my new aunts :) 




 The drive up was gorgeous with all of the leaves in peak color, the sun wasn't quite cooperating for this one, but you get the idea!


 Downtown Pittsburgh was really cool.  It was much less dark, dreary, and factory-ish than I thought it was going to be.  We drove up to Mt Washington to take in the view of the rivers, bridges, and buildings.


On the way home from the weekend we stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and hot chocolate. I guess its that time of year now!!

Traveling as a vegetarian can be one of the most challenging parts of this lifestyle. Its not as much of a challenge when you are in your own town and know where grocery stores are and vegetarian-friendly places to eat are. I made sure to pack lots of snacks with me as I've lately been fairly sensitive to my blood sugar changes.  I packed hummus and cut up peppers (orange and red bell peppers were on sale that week! yey!), as well as apple slices and protein bars.  
I didnt get to go running like I had hoped as we were on a pretty tight schedule and wanted to see as many family members as possible, but I figured since I danced all night Saturday it was ok. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment