Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Monday, November 10, 2014

Make ahead meals: Quinoa Enchiladas

These are not the ones I made, but I forgot to take a picture of mine. These look the same though! :) 

So my husband (I have one of those now!) was traveling out of town this past week.  I knew I had a busy schedule this week so last Sunday after I dropped him off at the airport I made meals for the week.

One of the meals I made was Quinoa Enchiladas. They were so easy, and sooo yummy!

You'll need:

6 Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 can vegetarian refried beans
1/2 cup quinoa
Sharp cheddar cheese
1 small can of enchilada sauce

Preheat the oven to 350
I cooked the rinsed quinoa (1 cup water and 1/2 cup quinoa to a boil then simmer 20 min until water is absorbed) then combined it with the can of beans and 1 cup shredded cheese.
Spread a little bit of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9x9 glass dish. Spread a little enchilada sauce all over one side of a tortilla then spoon some of the quinoa/bean mixture down the middle in a line. Fold the edges over and then the sides.
Place in the dish and repeat for the remaining tortillas (I made six easily). Then spread the rest of enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top (however much you like).

Pop in the oven for 20min and you're done! I let these cool for a bit and then put them in the fridge. They freeze well too though!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment