Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wednesday Recipe! Couscous salad #2


With D away on business I have been trying to empty the pantry and eat some meals that he probably wouldn't enjoy :)

 Cous Cous Salad #2
2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water
2 cups cous cous
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
2 large green peppers, diced

Combine the vegetable broth and water in a large pot and boil.  Add in 2 cups of cous cous and remove from heat, cover, let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add in drained and rinsed beans and peppers and about 2 tablespoons of EVOO (more if needed).

This makes a LOT so its good for a family or to make and have lots of leftovers!!

You could easily make this with Quinoa too, I just didn't have any in my pantry! I am going to get some feta cheese from the grocery store this evening and mix that in to the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment