Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Saturday, January 9, 2016

Circuit Training Workouts

Wow.  My class participants really brought it this morning.  I subbed today for a coworker and had a great time seeing a bunch of new faces and some of "my" regulars from my normal classes. I love watching people who are new to these exercises and styles try something different and really enjoy it.
The first class was a cardio circuit and some of the exercises we did are below. I added in a few other things too, but these are most of them. To begin, we warmed up with jogging around the basketball court twice and doing some agility drills (high knees, butt kickers, side shuffles, carioca, skips, etc).  In between each completed circuit the class ran 2 laps around the basketball court.
 We went through the circuit twice, but you could do it 1-3x depending on your condition and how much time you have!


 The second class was another circuit style but focused more on lower body and abs.  Again, I had a few additional exercises in my class today, but here's the general list below. We had time to go through twice, but again 1-3x should be good! At the beginning, we did a warm up jogging around the basketball court twice and doing some agility drills (high knees, butt kickers, side shuffles, carioca, skips, etc). In between each completed circuit the class ran 2 laps around the basketball court.


We cooled down each class with some stretching to slowly bring the heart rate back down. 
Most of my Athletic Conditioning Classes are circuit based and incorporate strength and cardio in the same class, so it was nice to get to divide it out today into two separate classes.  Quite a few of the members doubled up for 1.5 hours worth of workouts! At the end of each class I reminded them the importance of refueling and rehydrating after you exercise.  Make sure to hydrate while your exercise too! Remember-its chilly out so you might not feel as thirsty as if it was summer but you still need your water! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment