Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Tuesday, January 13, 2015

30+ Cardio intervals



I was tied up working on stuff today during the daylight hours and I hate running on treadmills so to mix up my cross training a bit I did a great interval workout this evening. Even though I taught kettlebells this morning I wanted to do some cardio cross training to supplement my half marathon training. 

For this workout, I set up all of my stations so I could move quickly from one to the next. 

For the first part, I did 45 sec of Kettlebell swings, 15 sec off, 5 times in a row (five minutes), then did the rower (or jump rope or stairs or whatever) same thing, 45 on, 15 off, 5x. Repeated for battle ropes and mountain climbers. 

I took a quick 30 sec water break then the next three rounds are going from one station to the next in each round. So 45 sec Kettlebell swings, 45 sec rower, 45 sec ropes, 45 sec mountain climbers. Repeat 3x. 

32 minutes of awesome. 

Here's my Vivofit data for this evening's workout: 
Average heart rate: 157
Maximum heart rate:178
Calorie burn: 425







No comments:

Post a Comment