Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Tuesday, November 19, 2013

OBX Half Marathon

I had been planning on running the Rock N Roll Savannah Half Marathon again this year but when our plans to travel changed, I needed a race closer to home. A friend of mine was doing the Outer Banks Half and asked if I wanted to join her and a few of her friends. I thought it would work perfectly so I met them in Kill Devil Hills on Saturday evening before the race. It was an awesome race, very well  organized and planned out. Its probably my favorite one so far, maybe mostly because it was my best recovery and least painful!!!! Its been a long road since tearing my MCL in the Nike Women's Half Marathon in April but it was great to accomplish another race. 



Gorgeous view of the ocean before the race.  We stopped for just a moment during our warm up to enjoy the view! 

Heidi, me and Beth before the race. It was chilly!!

 Right after the race, in front of the Manteo lighthouse. One of my favorite places! :)

Free beer and sweet potato fries at the finish line! 


I would definitely do this race again, I really loved everything. If I had to give one suggestion, there weren't enough clocks on the course, but I had my phone/Nike GPS with me so it was fine and not a big deal, but I do like to see the official race times every now and then. 



No comments:

Post a Comment