Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Monday, July 29, 2013

Hiking in Umstead

I spent the weekend in Raleigh, NC where I used to live, catching up with friends.  It was so nice to see everyone and relax.  I cant go to Raleigh without hiking in my favorite park, Umstead State Park. Located right in Raleigh, its soooo beautiful and you'd never guess you were just a couple miles from a bustling downtown.  This park is immaculate and so peaceful, I love it!! 

I went on an 11 mile hike through the park (I had thought it would only be 8 miles, but I really underestimated!!). It started thundering and was getting dark, my cell phone was running super low on battery, but I made it back to my car just fine. My knee was pretty good. Just started bothering me towards the end but nothing too bad. 

It gives me hope for some half marathons this fall.  Maybe I'll try to find some to run on trails instead of pavement?! If you are ever in the triangle area, I highly recommend visiting Umstead. You'll be so glad you did!






No comments:

Post a Comment