Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Why trainers want trainers

"You have a personal trainer? But YOU are a personal trainer!" I heard that a lot this past spring.  As a personal trainer we are obviously qualified to train and we are without a doubt interested in the field of fitness and have a plethora of experience. So why would we pay money to have a personal trainer? Why don't we just use our own brains?

Well, we do! All the time! For all of our clients, for our friends, for our families, on our blogs, we are constantly applying the education and experience we have gained.  Sometimes, just like you, we want to relax and not have to think. We want to get our own workouts in and would like someone else to come up with it for once :)

I had the chance to train with one of my coworkers, Chad Jackson at ACAC this past spring. I knew he came from a body building background and was interested in what he would come up with to help with my goals. As I have mentioned in previous posts, my focus in the winter was strengthening my glutes and core to help with my running so I wouldn't have any issues with my knee.  That plan was wildly successful until the day before my half marathon in April.  Aside from that weekend, however, I felt very strong and biomechanically correct while running. I think it really did make a difference in everything else I did, from walking around the gym, playing sports (I play volleyball on Monday nights and softball on Thursday nights), teaching classes, and my running workouts.

It was very motivating having these appointments with Chad to look forward to and know I was going to get a great workout that was a different style and variety than I would do myself.

Sample workout:

Cardio Warm Up
Foam rolling of hamstrings, glutes, calves, and quads

Legs:
Good Mornings
Straight Leg Deadlifts
Lunges
Offset Plie Squats
Hip Thursters
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls

Abs:
Bosu crunches with medicine ball, switch hands
side planks, feet on bosu
regular planks, feet on bosu
Russian twists with risers
V-ups with Medicine Ball

So just like everyone else, its nice to have someone else come up with our workouts and stay motivated for our own fitness goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment