Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Saturday, June 22, 2013

Running Reunion in Leesburg

Good Morning Sweet Little Town of Leesburg! 


What I do all day...no, not the riding...the photography

My sweet little house I used to live in! 

Dusky in downtown Historic Leesburg
After being on vacation last week it was great getting back into the swing of teaching classes this week.  I left Friday evening to photograph the Surefire Horse Trials near Leesburg, VA for the weekend.

One of the things I was looking forward to the most was getting to run around the town I used to live! I moved to Leesburg right after I graduated from college. I lived here for a year while I worked at the Marion DuPont Scott Equine Medical Center and Nike.  Most days I would go to work from 7-4, come home (and sometimes take a nap) and go running or to the gym before dinner. I was a member of Ida Lee Recreation Center, which I highly recommend. It was a great gym with an indoor pool too.  I loved my running routes and was so happy to get a chance to run them again.

Tonight after I got done photographing I came back to the hotel to change, eat dinner and went out to run around.  I ate one of the best Veggie Burgers of my life at Melt.  I went downtown and parked in the garage and ran through the town, out to Ida Lee Park and around, then down through the town to my old street, out to the school where I'd go do speedwork around the track, then back through the historic area and around again to the garage. It was such a beautiful evening I cooled out with some stretching in a little park and enjoyed the weather.  Of course after all that work, a trip to SweetFrogs was in order  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment