Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Recipe of the week!


Quinoa Salad with Black Beans, Corn, Feta and Lime dressing--Click here for the recipe from her blog!

I had an idea the this morning on the way to teach kettlebell class to make a salad with Quinoa in it.  I had recently purchased a large bag of Q at Target but hadn't yet made anything. I started thinking about putting black beans, corn, peppers, and feta cheese together with it. I googled similar words and found this recipe on a blog. I didn't use Spinach like the recipe calls for, and I added in a red bell pepper and a little big of sweet onion. I also didn't have any cilantro, nor did I add salt or pepper.  It makes  a TON so I'll be set for lunches for the next few days which is great because thats usually a challenge for me!

Here is the adapted recipe that I did, which is a little different from the link above. 


INGREDIENTS
Quinoa, 1 cup
Feta, 1 cup
Black beans, 1 can (15 oz)
Corn, cooked, 1 small package of frozen (~15 oz)
Red pepper, diced
Sweet onion, a few slices, diced very small
Dressing: 
Fresh lime juice, 3 tablespoons 
Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
INSTRUCTIONS
1.) GOOGLE COOKING QUINOA first!!! Figure out if yours needs to be rinsed or not!!! I have no idea if mine did or not and I am sure it was hilarious to see me trying to rinse it when we don't have a strainer.  I used paper towels, but I think it was pretty wasteful!! Anyway, bring 1 1/4 cup water to a boil.  Add 1 Cup rinsed quinoa, stir, reduce heat to low and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed. 
2.) In a separate bowl add black beans (rinsed, drained), corn (rinsed, drained), diced pepper, spinach and red onion.
3.) Once quinoa is done cooking and has cooled, add it to the other ingredients. Pour dressing over everything and mix well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment