Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Post Workout Snacks

Post workout refueling is crucial and just because the options are fewer doesn't mean they are boring for us vegans!  Any foods will work for a snack so dont feel limited to traditional "snack" foods.  The key points to remember are pairing a carb and protein together.  Ideally within the first 15-20 min after a workout, consume an easily digestible meal (not anything heavy or overloaded with tons of fiber..some is fine just not tons).  Dont forget to rehydrate with water and you can use electrolytes (such as a sports drink) if you have been exercising outdoors, in the heat, or for more than an hour. 

Vegan Ideas:

Trail Mix--see my recipe here!

Peanut Butter & Jelly 1/2 sandwich--you can also try on 1/2 a bagel, pita bread, etc to mix it up. 

Peanut Butter and an Apple (or banana)-chill in the fridge ahead of time for a cool treat in the summer!


Lacto-Vegetarian Ideas:

Chocolate Milk!! My favorite and my go too when Im not eliminating dairy.  Chocolate milk has the perfect ratio of protein to carbs for optimal recovery

Greek yogurt with berries

Cheese stick with apple

Protein bar--I like the Builder's 20g Protein Bar



No comments:

Post a Comment