Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Saturday, May 16, 2015

Homemade Saturday!!

I woke up today not expecting to be quite so productive but I had slept really well so I've had a very efficient day off. I don't usually get days off so I figured I'd want to rest and relax today.  Maybe it was all the sleep, maybe I'm still pumped up after my crazy jam packed week I just had, or maybe it's that I wanted to prepare for my incredibly busy upcoming week. 

I began with Vegan waffles, soooo good!!

I ate one and froze the others for this week. 

I then went to the grocery store to get some ingredients for meal prep for this week. I am headed to a party this evening and decided to make some homemade salsa and made from scratch brownies. I also wanted to make vegetable lasagna so I'd have some meals for this week (and freeze the rest). 



Visalia onions are in season yall. So so good! 


Here's my vegetable lasagna, made with zucchini, squash, onion, tomatoes, fresh parsley, basil and oregano. 

I've been growing an awesome herb garden so I used fresh oregano and fresh cilantro in my salsa with tomatoes, vidalia onion, green chiles, a pinch of salt, a bit of cumin, and a pinch of sugar. Though my husband has been using our ninja a lot since receiving it for our wedding this was the first time I've used it. I was so impressed!! 



I mixed in a few black beans after blending and it was so perfect. I love the smell of cilantro and this salsa just tastes like summer!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment