Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Thursday, March 6, 2014

Post run refuel


Just because its something simple like chocolate milk doesnt mean we can't class it up a bit! I have to admit, some days I run just to get my post-run chocolate milk.  But it works as motivation when I am lacking it otherwise. Find something like that that works for you. Just try to make it something good for you. Chocolate milk is a great post-workout drink because it has the perfect ratio of protein to carbohydrate.  The fact that its delicious makes it all the better!!!

In case you are wondering about alternatives for vegans, you can have soy chocolate "milk", it does have a very similar ratio of protein/carb.  Chocolate Almond Milk is still very yummy, but it doesnt have as much protein in it so it doesnt work quite as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment