Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Saturday, May 11, 2013

Recipe of the week! Beluga Salad!


The other day I was at Target and found a packet of Archer Farms Black Beluga Lentils.  They have been sitting in the pantry waiting to be used and yesterday I finally brainstormed an idea for them. I was craving some veggies so I made corn and peas then microwaved the lentils (package directions said to microwave 90 seconds and they were ready!!). They didn't smell the best, but once they were mixed in with the corn and peas they weren't noticeable. I then made about a cup of couscous with 1 tsp olive oil (although I think Quinoa would be great with it too), put about 1.5 tbsp lime juice and and 2 tbsp of olive oil.  After mixing it all together I spooned in into a bowl and added parmesan cheese on top.  It was soooo good!! And lots of protein (4 oz of the lentils have 21g protein!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment