Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Savannah Trip: Half Marathon DONE!

I did it! Although I was in a LOT of pain, I finished and was very happy with how I did!
On my training runs leading up to my race I was usually able to get to mile 7 or so before the pain would be really bad. At the start of the race things were going really well but I stayed slow and calm.  The pain in my hip began to get pretty bad around mile 4.  The pain in my knee due to my injuries there kicked in around mile 8.  I tried to pick up the pace, which usually helps my knee, but of course that made my hip pretty sore. I knew at around mile 9 or 10 that I was going to be able to finish so that inspired me a bit more.  I really tried to turn it on at mile 12 to finish strong. Despite the pain, I finished in 2:12 which I think is good considering how painful it was!!! I had originally registered to finish in 2:00 but I knew a few weeks before hand that that was not realistic. I am so happy with how I did and I am SOOOO thankful that D was there to support me.  
.


Done! So thankful to have D there to cheer me on and support me! I'm the luckiest girl in the world!!!


After the race we went back, showered, iced my injuries, grabbed a snack and zoomed off to get to the Georgia Southern football game. My alma mater was playing Appalachian State, which is one of our biggest rivals! It was great to go to the game and show D how we do it in Georgia!!! :) We then walked around campus a bit and then headed back to Savannah for dinner on Riverstreet. 
Go Eagles!! 



Enjoying a much deserved drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment