Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Friday, April 1, 2016

Postpartum workouts: return to strength training and softball!

Walking has been a lifesaver over the past month since having Baby girl. Motherhood is definitely a tough adjustment even with all the "warnings" and advice. You truly have no way to prepare for it even when you go into it expecting your world to be rocked. We have had some very long nights most nights I get maybe 2 hours of sleep if I'm lucky. Because of this I haven't really been jumping at getting back into workouts. Physically I feel great and my recovery was really easy and smooth but I'm just exhausted and don't want to risk injury. 

I built up my walks to 3 miles for a few weeks now. We walk just about every day with our dog Georgia and baby girl strapped to my chest. It's definitely the best part of my day! 

Sometimes gen we get back I'll do a few resistance band exercises while she's still asleep in the carrier but usually I try to get things gone around the house. 

I just love it when she brings her little arm out and holds onto me with her hand. 
We walked for 90 minutes today! 

I was able to fit in a quick upper body workout while Little one hung out in the swing contented. 

Here's what I did: 


We also had our first softballl game of the year tonight. I was nervous about how it would go with quick movements just four weeks postpartum but it was fine. It felt great to be back out there. My husband and I met on this softball team so it meant so much to bring our daughter to the game. My sister is playing too so she and I can switch out each inning to be with baby girl. 


She was so sleepy after the game. I hear ha girlfriend. Me too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment