Thank you so much for visiting my blog! Please be sure to check out my website for more info and like me on Facebook for the most up to date information!


Friday, September 12, 2014

boredom busting routines

When your routine gets too...well... Routine.

A somewhat common complaint about the gym is that members become bored with their workouts. They may have gotten a brief training on the machines and stuck with those for the past year or so and are so sick of them they cant find any motivation to come in. The same ol' same ol' has taken its toll on their workouts.  This is one of the reasons why variety is so important in your workouts, besides all of the physiological benefits!

A few of my clients traveled out of town for a number of weeks this past year. Depending on their goals and their experience level, I set them up with some workouts that allowed them to add their own variety into their plan.  It was kind of a buffet set up where they can pick 2 from each column of exercises (I made sure to use ones that they know of course!!) and build up their own workout for the day. This also allowed for flexibility in case their destination had different equipment.

You can try this in your own with workouts from magazines, construct a library of muscle group exercises so you can pick and choose different ones. You can also contact me and I'd be happy to set you up with a plan of exercises. Many of my clients comment on how much they love their sessions because I keep them guessing about what we will be doing, which keeps the workouts frsh. Near or far we can get you on a plan to reach your goals without doing the same thing over and over. The advantage to seeking a trainer's expertise of course is that you make sure he exercises are appropriate for you (your goals, your injuy considerations,etc),  that you are doing them with prioer form, and in a safe order (yes, the order that you do the e excuses in DOES matter!).


A view I would not get tired of seeing every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment